Weightlifter becomes even stronger after having her arms amputated

5:01 AM

A weightlifter is beating all of her old records after loosing her right arm in a car crash and she even says it is ‘the best thing that could have happened’. Last year the car 25 year old Krystal Cantu was travelling in with her boyfriend flipped over and her limb got painfully crushed. Later she her arm amputated. But this has increased her ferocity in the gym. Now she can lift a 210 lb bar clear above her head with just her left arm which is more than she could lift with her both hands. Just three weeks after the @cc*ident, she found the courage to get back to her Cross Fit training.
She said, ‘I looked at my arm and I thought OK – that looks pretty bad – but survival mode just kicked in. I had to think – what do I need to do now? I had people trying to help me and I was trying not to look at my arm but I could see it in the reflection of one guy’s sunglasses. When I arrived at the hospital, the surgeon came up to me and said that he had looked at everything and the arm needed to come off. I had a moment but then I said alright – if it’s going to save my life take it off. Not a day goes by that I don’t think about it. But I feel like I can conquer anything when I’m in the gym – I feel like I have super powers when I’m in there.’
Her 26 year old boyfriend Daniel Cuate had been driving through their home-town of San Antonio. That is when a tyre blew and the car flipped in the air. After she was air lifted to hospital she was told that her arm would need to be amputated where as her boyfriend escaped unscathed.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images